Was just put on to him today and am feeling him already. Lush melodies, feel-good hip-hop, throwback sensibilities. Clearly influenced by OutKast and other ’90s hip-hop groups, but also rock and a swirl of funk — while coming across fresh and original. Nicely done. Check it out. Free download; what’s it gonna hurt?
From his website:
Spree Wilson has hooked up with presenting partner Converse to bring fans his debut full-length, the highly-anticipated The Never Ending Now.
The project is composed of 14 fresh tracks showcasing the full range of the ATL singer/songwriter/rapper/producer’s diverse talents and influences. Included are reader-acclaimed leaks “I Believe She’s Lying,” “Love You Better,” “Don’t Pass Me By,” “Everything I Own” and “No Use in Runnin’.”
Joining Wilson on the guest tip are singer Esthero and fellow Booth favorite Novel. Production comes courtesy of No I.D., Shoeden!1, Tony Reyes, Matt Friedman and Spree Wilson himself.
01. Intro/The Beauty [prod. Spree Wilson]
02. Heartbreak on Fire [prod. Matt Friedman & Spree Wilson]
03. Nobody [prod. Wilson & Shoeden!1]
04. Transition (ft. Novel) [prod. Wilson & Shoeden!1]
05. No Use in Runnin’ [prod. Wilson & Shoeden!1]
06. Eye Know [prod. Shoeden!1, Wilson & Tony Reyes]
07. Fields Turn Brown [prod. Shoeden!1]
08. Everything I Own [prod. Wilson, Shoden!1 & Reyes]
09. I Believe She’s Lying [prod. Shoeden!1]
10. Love You Better [prod. Shoden!1]
11. Where Were You Last [prod. Wilson, Shoeden!1 & Reyes]
12. Don’t Pass Me By (ft. Esthero) [prod. Esthero, Spree Wilson & Hot Sugar]
13. Where Do We Go Tonight [prod. No I.D.]
14. I’m Bound to Pack It Up [prod. Wilson & Shoeden1!
Click here, or above image, to download.