And the year-end lists continue, with the most retweeted tweets of the past year. Coming in at No. 1 is Stephen Colbert’s “oil-soaked birds” tweet, which was retweeted more than 37,000 times. On his show, Colbert had mentioned that each retweet would add a $1 donation to Gulf cleanup relief efforts.
The rest of the list:
2. Drizzy Drake (@drakkardnoir), Sept. 18: “We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us.”
3. Lil Wayne (@liltunechi), Nov. 4: “Aaaaaaahhhhhhmmmmm baaaaakkkkkkkkkk!”
4. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber), July 11: “Te quiero mucho mi amor.”
5. Al-Qaeda (@alqaeda), Sept. 14: “Just noticed Twitter keeps prompting me to “Add a location to your tweets”. Not falling for that one.”
6. Joe Jonas (@joejonas), Feb. 27: ” I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!!”
7. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga), Oct. 21: “I’m beautiful in my way, ’cause God makes no mistakes. I’m on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way.”
8. Kanye West (@kanyewest), Sept. 4: “I’m sorry Taylor.”
10. Justin (@shitmydadsays), June 28: “Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit.”
I retweeted three on this list: numbers one, five and 10. And you?